Did you know that nearly half of RealSelf users access the site to find stories and reviews from members like you, and 40 percent want to see at least 11 authentic reviews before making a decision?
Reviews are the most important part of the RealSelf experience and we want you to share yours so you can help others make smart, confident decisions!
Here are some insider tips to get you started:
1. Include photos and videos. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and reviews with photos and videos are no exception. In fact, 75 percent of community members say that aside from cost information, photos are the most important part of a review when they’re researching providers and treatments. Photos and videos are optional but really help illustrate and explain your story. They’re also a great way to track your progress throughout your healing process so you can see your results as they happen.
2. Are you pre-op? Don't worry, you can still start a review even if you haven't had surgery. You can always update your review details (surgery date, cost, worth it rating, and provider) along your journey.
3. Reviews are like journals. Once you share your experience, you can post updates along your journey. Adding an update allows you to post new information about your research and results. Whether it’s a consultation you had with a doctor or photos, videos or updates you’d like to share about your healing process --you own your story to share with the Community!
4. Was the procedure/treatment “Worth It”? The Worth It and provider rating fields in the review form are opportunities to give other community members visibility into whether you would recommend your provider, treatment or procedure you received. This helps other community members as they research the best treatment or doctor for them. Be honest and let the community know if your experience was Worth It or Not Worth It!
5. Describe your experience, but also be respectful. Sometimes your procedure or treatment doesn’t go as planned. RealSelf welcomes both positive and negative reviews, however please be respectful when sharing your story. If you’re unhappy with your results, describe that in your review but don’t name-call or personally attack your provider. If you have questions on what’s acceptable to write in a review, please read our Community Guidelines.
6. Have concerns about sharing your story publicly? If you’re still on the fence about sharing your experience, know that you don’t need to provide any details that you deem too personal or photos that may identify you in some way. When you create an account to share your story with other members of the RealSelf Community, you can also choose to make your username as anonymous as you want to protect your privacy and you can change your username in your settings at any time.
Once your review is submitted, it will be checked by our moderation team and published within two business days. You'll receive an email as soon as your review is available.
To create your RealSelf account and start your review, click Sign Up in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
If you have any questions on the status of your review, feel free to contact us. Our team is happy to help!
Please sign in to leave a comment.