First, go to "Edit my profile" and make sure that you have selected all of the procedures that you offer, because we make questions available to you based on the treatments you perform and select.
Once you have listed your treatments, there are 3 ways to discover questions to answer on RealSelf:
- Navigate to your dashboard and go to "Answer questions now" in the Q&A section. Click on a topic and a list of questions will appear on the page.
- Sign up to have new questions sent to you by email. Go to the "Email Setting" section in your dashboard and tell us what topics you're interested in and how often you'd like to receive emails.
- Click on "Ask a Doctor" at the top of each RealSelf page to see the most recently asked questions.
- Write answers as "opinions" and not "advice"
- Statements such as "In my opinion," "In my past experience," or "In similar situations that I’ve handled..." can help delineate opinions from advice. This is an opportunity to show your expertise.
- Be educational
- Refrain from overt marketing or self-promotion. Helping a potential patient be informed and showing them you care about the community helps establish trust prior to meeting you in person.
- Answer questions based on popularity
- Getting started can be as simple as a search on RealSelf.com. And regardless of where the question originated, consider answering it. Patients near you will navigate to popular questions, helping build further awareness among the treatment-specific communities for your Business Page.
- Answer as if you are the only provider who is posting an answer
- Your answer needs to be able to stand alone and should be authentic and not a canned response. Take the time to ensure it represents your expertise.
- Utilize a treatment video to answer a question
- If you have already begun adding short treatment videos to your Business Page, you can now include them in your answers. Want to learn more about treatment videos? Check out "4 Tips to Video Victory on RealSelf University."
All content on RealSelf must comply with the RealSelf Terms of Service and Code of Conduct; this applies to provider answers also. The main guidelines to be aware of are:
- Character requirements
- Ensure the answer is at least 100 characters in length. Anything less than this unlikely to adequately answer the consumer's question.
- Directing the consumer outside of the RealSelf website
- Don't including web links in the answer. There is a web reference box for this purpose.
- Don't direct the consumer to click on third party links, including those within the web reference box.
- Self-promotion - Please do not include:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Social media handles
- A call to action (CTA) - E.G. "Call us and come in for a consultation" or "Check out our website," etc.
- Answers must match the question
- We don't encourage the use of templates; however, if they are used they must be customized to the specific question and adequately answer the question, not just match the topic.
- Excessive grammatical or spelling errors
- Prohibited use of all capital letters
- Prohibited use of extra characters in order to meet the character requirement
- Failure to meet the spirit of RealSelf
- Answers should be polite and without judgment
- Keep it professional
- Don't disparage the consumer or other doctors or specialities
- Avoid sarcasm
- Every answer must be educational
- Refrain from overt marketing or self-promotion
- Each answer must be original and your own
- Don't recycle another provider's answer and submit it as your own
- Refrain from listing your practice information, phone number, website or signature
- Members can click to your profile to obtain this information. Self-promotion will decrease your credibility when answering questions.
You can find a complete list of guidelines, including the Terms of Service and HCP Code of Conduct, here. Once a provider shows consistent compliance with RealSelf guidelines, your answers will be eligible to be added as "autopublish." This means they are published immediately without prior moderation, but may still be subject to random auditing.
The answers you provide serve as content for your profile and will help engage consumers to learn more about your expertise and "virtual bedside manner." For assistance in answering questions, contact your Doctor Community Advisor.
Check Out: Less Advertising, More Content Marketing