How Can Consumers on RealSelf Visit My Website to Learn More About My Practice?
With millions of unique users a month, your website links on RealSelf can really make a difference in your monthly web traffic.
Add your website links to every one of your answers.
- Adding your web links after every answer* you provide on RealSelf is one way you can provide additional resources or supporting info to consumers who want to learn more.
- The more answers you provide with links to your website, the easier it will be for consumers to find you and your practice.
- To activate this feature, ask your Doctor Community Advisor about having an upgraded membership on RealSelf
- If you are not currently tracking referral sources for your website traffic, we recommend using a website analytics tool such as Google Analytics.
*Links are displayed on answers (selected by the doctor) with enough meaningful content to engage consumers, typically with 500 or more characters.
Linking to RealSelf
Linking to your RealSelf profile is a great way to tell search engines that you think your RealSelf profile is an important page.
- Text links are more powerful than image links.
- Link to any page RealSelf, preferably your profile or a treatment page.
- Anchor text (the text for the link) should be relevant to the selected page.
- Links should be visible, preferably not located in the footer or hidden (grayed out, tiny text size, etc). Google will punish any site that does hidden linking.
- The link can include text and other links such as your profile page. Example: "See Dr. Robert Singer's expert answers to Liposuction questions on RealSelf.com." or "Dr. Smith is a Liposuction expert on RealSelf.com."