In the age of Groupon and Living Social, consumers are attracted to offers and love the idea of perceived deals. Nielsen research has found that nearly 60 percent of social media users visit social networks to receive coupons or promotions. This means that your potential patients are likely to choose another doctor over you if you cannot be found where the consumers are finding offers advertised by other doctors. RealSelf's PRO upgrade enables the ability to add up to 3 offers on your doctor profile.
- Be Relevant: Create offers that are relevant to a broad population of new patients. You can list offers for any treatment or topic within your specialty.
- Create Interest: Write a short eye-catching headline. It's recommended to use a shortened summary of the offer in the headline.
- Keep it Short: The description should describe the offer, not the procedure or the doctor/practice.
- Create Urgency: Time-sensitive offers will call patients to action and help them in their decision-process.
- Target Your Offer: Make your offers available to a select group.
- Be Ethical: Don't cross the line in what's considered socially and professionally ethical. Specials must represent an actual savings or financial benefit to a patient. If you are listing non-discounted rates, you cannot list these as a "special."
- No contact info: Do not include links or phone numbers. Patients contact you via the button on your profile and will include the offer they are inquiring about.
These tips and others can also be seen on MediBeauty.biz: Coupons for Cosmetic Surgery: Do Deals Deliver Results?
- Free Consultations: The most popular type of offer that attracts inquiries.
- % off Special Offer: For example, 10% off any surgery when RealSelf is mentioned.
- Specific $ Amount Discount: For example, $500 off Liposuction.
- Buy one, Get one offers
- Rewards Program: For example, Restylane Rewards
- Full Price Listed: For example, Tummy Tuck $7500 with Dr. Smith
Be sure to include in your offer "Must Mention RealSelf" (or create an offer that is only offered on RealSelf) which will help you track the conversions of your promotion for those consumers who choose to call or visit your office without submitting a formal inquiry.
For further help on Special Offers or your RealSelf profile, contact your Doctor Community Advisor at 206-624-9357 x4.