Reviews are an important part of the RealSelf experience. They give you a centralized place to find support before and after surgery, while also documenting your experience for others who are considering their own surgical options.
Reviews also let you rate your doctor and vote on whether a procedure was "Worth It" or not: two decision-making tools that help others.
To start writing about your experience, click Start Your Review from the main menu on any RealSelf page:. Then select:
- Share Your Experience to rate and review your procedure and your provider, or
- Review Your Provider to give a quick rating and summary of your experience with your doctor or practice
Once you've chosen what type of review to write:
- Fill in the required fields and ratings
- Add photos and videos (optional)
- Click Submit
Here are some tips for writing a review:
- Are you pre-op? Don't worry, you can still start a review even if you haven't had surgery. Just click Haven't done it yet when you're prompted for your procedure date and you'll only be asked for pre-op details.
- Photos and videos. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and reviews with photos and videos are no exception. These are optional but they really add to the review and help explain your story. It's also a great way to track your progress throughout your healing process so you can see your results as they happen.
If you're uploading photos or videos, it may take a minute or two for your review to process. Don't close the page until the confirmation screen comes up.
That's it! Your review will be checked by our moderation team and published within one business day. You'll receive an email as soon as your review is available. In the meantime, you can browse the forums, ask questions, or even review another treatment.