Reviews are an important part of the RealSelf experience. They give you a centralized place to find support before and after your procedure or treatment, while also documenting your experience for others who are considering their own surgical or non-surgical options.
Reviews also let you rate your doctor and vote on whether a procedure was "Worth It" or not: two decision-making tools that help others.
To start writing about your experience, click Start Your Review from the main menu on any RealSelf page and follow the steps below.
- Fill the boxes with the information required
- Add photos and videos (optional)
- Click Submit
- Sign in to your RealSelf account
- Wait for the confirmation screen to load. This can take anywhere from a few seconds to 1-2 minutes, depending on your Internet speed and the size of any photos you'd added. Don't close the page until the confirmation screen comes up.
Here are some tips for writing a review:
- Are you pre-op? Don't worry, you can still start a review even if you haven't had surgery. Just enter your pre-op details before submitting your story. You can always update your details along your journey.
- Photos and videos. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and reviews with photos and videos are no exception. These are optional but they really add to the review and help explain your story. It's also a great way to track your progress throughout your healing process so you can see your results as they happen.
That's it! Your review will be checked by our moderation team and published within one business week. You'll receive an email as soon as your review is available. In the meantime, you can browse the forums, ask questions, or even review another treatment.