Tips: Posting Before & After Photos
Last Updated -
Share Helpful DetailsConsumers love photos they can relate to and doctors can facilitate this process by sharing specific details in the "Caption" field.
Helpful captions include:
- Particular techniques, settings, products, and devices used
- Area(s) or problem(s) treated
- Relevant patient info (e.g. age, weight, desired outcome)
- Time elapsed between procedure and after photo
- Factual info about procedure or treatment vs conjecture about patient satisfaction or 'happiness' with results (i.e, 'the patient loved her results' is subjective and unverifiable)
- Doctors should upload photos they would show to prospective patients. Good lighting and photos of a uniform size will enhance the quality of your photo gallery.
- Doctors should include photos of patients in all shapes, sizes and skin tones - consumers will look for photos that look like them so the more variety, the better
- Doctors should NOT include any unnecessary nudity (for instance, bare breasts on tummy tuck photos) unless it is relevant to the procedure performed.
- Doctors should check off relevant tags for the photos when uploading to allow consumers the ability to find photos easily
- Doctors should avoid posting photos that are blurry, distorted, askew, or show mismatched views. Borders and text are also not allowed in the RealSelf photo galleries.
- Doctors can manage the order of their photo gallery via the links in their dashboard
- For Dr. Spotlight sponsors, uploading photos in sponsored treatments will allow more opportunity for local promotion in sponsored area(s)
- ALL uploaded photos must adhere to the RealSelf Photo Gallery Guidelines.
Did you find this article helpful?